Day 3 of MMS 2012 also started with a keynote. The keynote of today was about the World of connected devices. During this keynote the following announcements were made:
- Pre-release of a new version of Intune with Mobile Device Support (Windows, iOS and Android)
- Release of App-V 5.0 product
- Release of UEV ( User Expierence Virtualisation) product
During the keynote there were some interesting demo’s. One of the demos showed Intune which deployed a application to a iPhone and Windows 8 tablet. A other demo during this session was about setting up a Microsoft Windows 2012 VDI solution in 60 seconds. Very powerful to see that a VDI solution can be build in 60 seconds.
During the day I visited the following sessions:
- Configuration Manager 2012: Plan, Deploy, and Migrate from Configuration Manager 2007
- Service Manager 2012: Automated Request Offering in Six Steps
- LAB: System Center 2012 Orchestrator: Install and Integrate
I also did the beta 70-246 Private Cloud exam. The results of this examen will be emailed in 9 weeks so I have to wait for the final results. More information about the above session will come in other blogs.
Day 2 of MMS2012 started with the Private Cloud Keynote. The following announcements were made during this keynote:
- System Center 2012 is RTM and available for customers
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert) certification reinvented for the Cloud
- Windows 8 Server is officially renamed to Windows 2012 Server
- Windows Server 2012 will be available this year
During the keynote there were several demo’s around the Private Cloud. The Microsoft Private Cloud concept has the following characteristics:
- It’s all about the Application
- Cross-Platform from the bare metal up
- Foundation for the future
- Cloud on your terms.
After the Keynote I followed the following sessions:
- End-to-End Integrated Management with System Center 2012 and Forefront
- Configuration Manager 2012 and PowerShell: Better Together
- A Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy: Building a Configuration Manager 2012 OS Deployment Solution
- Extending Configuration Manager to Embedded Devices with Windows Embedded Device Manager
More information about the above sessions will follow in upcoming blog posts
Finally, today was the first day of MMS 2012. So now the magic begins 🙂 I used the morning to complete the registration. After the registrion everyone received a conference bag. In the afternoon I followed the following sessions:
- Lab: Implementing Security Compliance Manager for System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Lab: Advanced Software distribution with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Exam Cram: 70-246
- Breakout Session: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Deployments.
Lab: Implementing Security Compliance Manager for System Center Configuration Manager 2012
This was a very short lab about the Security Compliance Manager Solution Accelerator and SCCM 2012. With the SCM Microsoft provides a basis set of rules for different components. With this basic set you can start defining your own set of rules (baseline). During this lab we have done the above actions.
Lab: Advanced Software distribution with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
During this lab Wally Mead guided us trough the process of deploying software. This lab covered the following functionality:
- Creating Application Web Catelog
- Assing Primary Devices to User
- Creating Applications
- Deploying Required Application
- Deploying Availabe Application
- Creating a Windows Mobile Application
Exam Cram: 70-246
After the above labs I followed a exam cram session for the 70-246 exam. Durng this session a lot of information was provided what you need to know before you can do the 70-246 exam.
Breakout Session: Troubleshooting Windows 7 Deployments
After that cram session I followed a breakout session about how to troubleshoot Windows 7 deployments. It was all about log files. Not much new information for me.
Microsoft Management Summit is starting in 1,5 week. I finalized all the administration around MMS. One of the last steps was to finalize my agenda for the whole week. This process was difficult but I think I finished it for now :). See below the summary of the sessions:
I will follow:
- 2 Keynotes
- 2 Exam Cram Sessions 70-246 and 70-247
- 2 Beta Exams 70-246 and 70-247
- 4 Instructor Led labs
- — 3 on System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- — 1 on System Center Orchestrator 2012
- 11 Breakout Sessions
- — Conquering the Summit Session
- — 5 on System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- — 2 on System Center Service Manager 2012
- — 1 on System Center Data Protection Manager 2012
- — 1 on System Center Operations Manager
- — 1 on Microsoft Private Cloud
All Agenda slots are filled up! Maybe I will make some last minute changes but for now I am happy.
YES!!! I will attend MMS 2012 in Las Vegas. It will be my first MMS event and I am very exited that I will be there. This years MMS event will be a very important one. I hope that I can meet some important community members of the System Center family :). MMS will be THE event for the System Center 2012 versions, so I hope to learn a lot.
Las Vegas here I come.